Pond Inlet’s Lands Department is responsible for land-use planning, land development, and the administration of municipal lands. The department carries out council decisions and provides a wide range of administrative and technical services.
Our key responsibilities include:
- The preparation, adoption, and enforcement of the Community Plan, Zoning Bylaw, and Lands Administration Bylaw.
- The review of Development Permit Applications.
- All transactions relating to the pricing, the disposal, and the leasing of municipal land.
To obtain information regarding the rules and regulations, and forms, that apply to development in Pond Inlet review the Lands Administration and Zoning Bylaws:
- Bylaw Number 139 - Lands Administration Bylaw
- Bylaw Number 241 - Zoning Bylaw
- Development Permit Application Form
Refer to the Nunavut Municipal Training Organization (MTO) Building in Nunavut Communities for an overview of the entire approval process for building in Nunavut communities.
Visit the Government of Nunavut’s Community and Government Services (CGS) website to download community plans, community maps, data, guides, and contact information for government planning and lands staff.
Community Planning and Lands Officer
Telephone: (867) 899-8317